vendredi 5 septembre 2008

day 209: my first Gym

As I told you few days ago, I have trained hard during the month of august, more precisely in a Gym that was completely new for me! It was a pleasant time, full of sweat and suffering but also meetings and human experiences. I knew my first steps with bench press and leg press...it was intense!

One of the more important meeting that I have ever made during all my training journey is those with the training instructor, I just know his firstname: Claude.

Claude is a 52years old performer who has trained since decades and has kept the form of a young healthy man. He gets a lot of knowledge in training, progress and motivation systems as well as body science. For example, Claude learnt me that every beginner in every Gym should start with 15 or more rep for each exercices in order to prepare cartilages for a heavier job. Moreover, it's very important to take few minutes for a completed warm-up in order to bring a lot of blood in articular parts and prevent injuries!!! I didn't know that it was also important that is why I have little damaged the articular parts of my elbows and my knees, and that's why I'm forced to takes a rest, I want to avoid any more serious injurie and I am sure that I shall be restored in some time.Claude is someone very frank, authoritarian, charismatic and strict but he taught me a lot of knowledges and for this I have to thanx him.

In fact, he was a commando in marine forces during numerous years and endangered his life for its country. Then, He was captain of a military ship and aimed several hundred of soldiers. He's one dude I find hard to forget...


The other strong personnality that I met in the gym is Mr Jean-Philippe (nickname J-p) a young and "serious" (he is a funny guy which loves teasing...but not with training!) bodybuilder who is used to work with dumbell and heavy weight (contrary to me who prefere BW).

<--- THE man!

He showed me that between sportsmen there is other things after the gym, there is also night party (but always without alcool ^^).




It was really a pleasure to meet you mate, you have permited me to join in a real exciting experience:

training with a partner and break together more and more physical limits...

I sincerely hope that I gonna see you soon for a party or a training session in Paris.


Shred'on my friend!
A picture of Claude (diplomate trainer - middle), j-p (my training partner), your fellow shredder (on the left).


Rest time: So now I have to recover all my strenght and heal my painfull bones lol.

Because of the inconveniences (risk of injuries and price $$$) I prefer coming back to a classic BW workout (some news are comin'). See you soon for my training resumption, always more pitiless!!!

ps: a review of these retiring years of frustration is coming soon, with pictures...


Bob

2 commentaires:

juli gets happy a dit…

Hy Bob, I love your today's post and your stories about your training in August, the pictures show all the fun you had.

You look great, I am very impressed.

Keep up the good work,

Juli

Bob a dit…

Thanx for your kind words Juli ^^

Bob